Sunday, October 26, 2008

MPH Warehouse Sales


Bookstore warehouse sales is always my favourite place to go. When I noticed the warehouse sales located around my office, the plan of visiting there was running in my mind. I will be excited with books as long as it draw my attention to stay couple of minutes on it reading its sypnosis.

Plan can't bring one go any further without any action taken and I am there the next day after being told of the warehouse sales. The place were congested with crowd and it is hot in temperature. After a brief walk around and scanning I realized almost 95% and above of the sales items are fiction reading materials. Gosh, I am wasting my time here. This is my first reaction as I am x a fiction lover.

I did discovered some interesting sketch books, the pictures are sentimental, natural and imaginative in nature. I like sketch books most probably because I read alot of comics during my childhood.

When I was leaving, I found what I am looking for in a little book rack, Oracle Database 10g Express Edition and The Economic Naturalist. If you are not familiar with databases, I will make a simple analog here to let u know databases abit better.

Database as its name implies it is used to stored data like an excel worksheet with colums, rows and sheets(tables in database). There are variety of database and I will be listing 3 of them here which are Microsoft Access, MySQL and Oracle. In order to let you to differenciate them, I will like to analog Microsoft Access to a sport shoes, MySQL to a Toyota Camry and Oracle to a test drive Mercedes-Benz.

If you are in doubt, it is absolutely x your problem because I am begining my explaination here. Let's say you are traveling a 3km distance to reach your destination. You may choose to run with a comfortable sport shoes, drive with a Toyota Camry or perhaps a test drive Mercedes-Benz.

A sport shoes is affortable for most of the users as long as you have Microsoft Office installed in your pc but it has a storage limitation of 20mb for Microsoft Access 2003. As for me, Toyota Camry is MySQL, it is a freeware anyone can download it free from the web. It is similar to my dad's Toyota Camry. I can drive it for free but when it running low of fuel I need to use my own money to fill in the fluel which is analogous to the available consultancy and support services provided by MySQL. I owned an Oracle Express Edition with is similar to a test drive Mercedes-Benz it has all what commercial Oracle database 10g has but I am x affortable to own it but to have a test drive(express edition).


simplified analog:






Microsoft Access
Sport ShoesAffortable(most of us have Microsoft Office)
MySQL
Toyota CamryFree usage(my dad's car)
Consultancy & support is not free(fuel is not free)
Oracle
Mercedes-BenzExpensive database, not affortable(test drive)

No comments: